puff of air
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 12:03 AM || 0 hugs

Only 23 days left before Christmas.

Twenty-three. That's only around three weeks and two days.

And yet, there's still something missing around here. Something that would, for once, make me really look forward to Christmas. Something that would wake up the child in me -- the five-year old girl who wrote to Santa for her gifts.

Well, I doubt I'd be insanely gloomy this year -- I finally got rid of whatever was making me feel depressed the past two years of my life. Just because I already got rid of that hindrance, however, doesn't guarantee me a happy holiday season.

There's a new void somewhere, and I can feel it. It's torturing, haunting the daylights out of me. It's come to the point where I can no longer ignore it -- frankly, I want that void to be filled. And although I would love Santa to grant me this wish, I realize that it cannot be granted, simply because it isn't supposed to be.

And yet that isn't truly depressing, because in a way, I already have what I want. It's just in a different form. I'd like it to take another shape, sure, but I guess this is fine in itself already. I just hate how discontented I am with its present form.

Now that's depressing.

So I'll wish this for Christmas instead: that I be contented with what I have, since these truly are blessings.

I hope Santa hears me, just for one last time.

----------------
LSS of the Moment: Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out



0 Comments:

Post a Comment